These Are The Days!

Time flies when you are having fun! I worry everyday that I will forget the precious moments that I share with my family, so I have decided that I need to do a better job capturing those memories. My sweet babies are growing so fast and I not only want to remember them as babies, but watch them grow into the amazing people they are!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sick Baby :(

Well, yesterday Cade was admitted to North Central Baptist hospital for wheezing.  This is how it all started.  On Wednesday  I took him to the Dr. for his 1 year well check up.  I knew he sounded bad, but Cade has always had chest congestion issues.  I figured we would just start nebulizer treatments again.  Well, Dr. Gunsberg didn't like how he sounded at all.  She made us do 2 treatments in her office.  After the second one, he started sounding better.  She sent us home on nebulizer treatments every 3-4 hours and oral steroid. 

On Friday we went back to see Dr. Gunsberg for a follow up.  He was sounding a little better to me, but had been cranky and I could tell he was still wheezing.  At the office his oxygen saturations were 92-93.  The Dr was concerned that when he went to sleep they would go even lower and it could be a problem.  She sent us to the ER for possible suction and evaluation.  We got to the ER at 10:00 a.m.

At the ER we did an hour long nebulizer treatment and started on higher dose oral steroids.  He tested negative for RSV and pneumonia.  He began to sound a little better, but the doctor felt like he needed treatments every other hour and was still a little concerned that his O2 sats would go down when  he slept.  We finally got a room at 5:00 p.m.

Last night we did treatments every other hour. He did great!  Cade crashed out around 7:30 p.m. and slept through all of them.  I didn't.  At the 2:00 a.m. treatment, the respiratory therapist said that he no longer heard any wheezing.  His O2 sats were 96 or higher all night.  This morning the orders have already changed to treatments every 3 hours.  He has not been wheezing, his O2 sats have been good and he didn't need oxygen at any time. 

Right now we are waiting to see the Dr.  Hopefully we will get to go home this afternoon.

Cade in the ER - such a happy baby!

Cade in his hospital crib.  He doesn't look sick, does he?

My little trooper!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Cade AND Mommy. I hope he got to go home today. We'll be thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete